Preparing to Graduate
Think about the items below to help you prepare for graduation.
- Your semester degree audit, will show you what your quarter classes look like in semesters, in addition to what requirements you have completed and those you still need to complete. If you see the following message: “PLEASE SEE YOUR ADVISOR FOR MAJOR REQUIREMENTS” on this audit, it means that your major requirements have not been coded into the degree audit system at this time, but will be soon. Log into your Student Center and run your semester degree audit. Talk with your academic advisor if you have questions.
- Meet with your advisor to develop a plan and/or to verify that the courses you plan on taking complete your degree requirements.
- Attention students with transfer credit: Any "general" transfer credit awarded prior to summer 2012 should be resolved ASAP.
- Make sure you talk with your advisor about course sequences (e.g., math, science, foreign language, and/or major course sequences) and bridge courses.
- You may be notified about the need to complete a Transitional Academic Plan (TAP) and/or attend an advising informational session. Check to see if you have TO DO items in your Student Center, if so your item will read: TAP Required - Semesters. The TO DO item will provide you with instructions (you might also receive an e-mail about this).
- Contact your advisor about graduation application deadlines; each college has their own process and deadline. Every undergraduate student is required to officially apply to graduate.